Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm Lame

It's true, I suck.  I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to write anything.  Every time I sit down and start, I become distracted with something else.  What can I say, I'm not a professional blogger... yet

Anyway, I recently finished reading Niel Shubin's Your Inner Fish.  I give it a big thumbs up. It's an extremely approachable book, that details some of the vast amounts of evidence for evolution.  It also nicely explains how fossils are found, dated, and analyzed.  My favorite part though, was towards the end when he described several evolutionary byproducts - physilogical problems we acquired because because our evolution went a certain way (for example, why we hiccup and why we get hernias).  It's good for two reasons; it certainly educated me about these details, and it will make (hopefully) some people wonder 'why would god design us with big holes in our abdomen where our gonads are supposed to be when it occasionally leads to our spilling out?  Good Stuff!

DS

No comments: