Thursday, July 17, 2008

My New Favorite Celebrity

Could somebody please pinch me?

An interview in the magazine Cookie with actress Amanda Peet has momentarily paused my usual eye rolling in the direction of Hollywood. Critical thinking in Hollywood is no longer an oxymoron!

This mother of an 18 month old daughter took a long look at the issue of childhood vaccination, and - *gasp* - came to the only logical conclusion!

"I was shocked at the amount of misinformation floating around, particularly in Hollywood," says Peet"

Wonderful, now if we can only get her to speak to a certain booger eating blond? Not after this observant gem, eh?

"Frankly, I feel that parents who don't vaccinate their children are parasites."

I think I've found my new Hollywood crush. We finally have a legitimate movie star on the side of logic and reason. They should name an award after her. In fact, I'm going to name an award after her.

Beginning today I will give out the "Amanda Peet Award for Excellence in Logic In Spite of the Apparent Handicap of Celebrity".

Incidentally, the irony has not escaped me that she will be starring in the new movie version of the credulous TV classic 'X-Files'. If she could come down on aliens and psychics next, I'd be much obliged.

DS

No comments: